Saturday, May 7, 2011

I Promise to Love, Cherish, and.....Obey!?

My new training class has started!Today we took a walk down one of the trails but it was no ordinary walk. I tried to put my nose to the ground and smell everything, as I always do, but MFM said I wasn't a bloodhound and I needed to pay attention. Periodically, we stopped and rested, had to "sit" for 2 minutes, "down" for a time, had other dogs and their handlers wandering in and around us, and other such chaos that I had to rouse out of bed early to partake in. Well, yes, it was fun too! ....and I got GOOD treats!!

NYRUTH, the instructor, announced in front of the whole class that I was not being the class clown like I was last week. HA! I wallowed in the loose dirt to show her that I was still very capable.

One of the expectations of this course is that we will learn a trick to perform at the end of the course. It has to be something I do not already know. I can shake hands, choose a toy, play fetch, am courteous about waiting to be invited into and out of the car and house, as well as the basic obedience commands. What more could anyone want? Well, MFM wants to teach me to put my toys away! That's no trick! The trick is to get them out as fast as she can put them away, and I have that mastered. We will see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment