Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Dog Days of Summer

 
Summer is not here on the calendar, but it is already hot outside! MFM takes me to the dog park most days and I manage to get in a couple of runs but I am so happy to get home and get cool.

The runs are a lot of fun when the weather is cool. All of the "little" dogs gather on one side of the fence and bark to entice the "big dogs" on the other side of the fence to run up and down. Sounds like a herd of cattle stampeding when we really get going. It is rather amazing that our soft paws can make so much noise when we want to. In the Fall, dried leaves swirl around us as we make the run. In the summer, it is just dirt flying and settling into our coats.
 
 But it is getting too hot to do more than just sit in the shade. My friends and I lie around listening to our owners share all the embarrassing details of our lives while the breeze keeps the heat, and mosquitoes, at bay. Are these what they call the "Dog Days of Summer"?
 
When I get home, I plop on the cool tile and cool down. Then I let MFM know I am ready to eat. Tummy full, I just relax and doze , with one eye open, so I can follow MFM around if she ventures out of my sight. Who knows, she might want to go somewhere. That means I either get to go along or get bought off with  a treat. I have trained her properly.
 
Now for a rest....sigh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment