Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Trip with "Trip"

MFM packed the car, including my crate, special blanket, leashes, food, food and water dishes, bottle of water, and treats.

"Just like having a small child," she muttered.

We spent an exhausting hour at doggie obedience school and I did quite well. MFM strapped me into my very own seat belt and we were off.

We drove all day and into the night but I slept a lot because I was so tired. There was a tremendous amount of traffic around Ft. Worth and we slowed to a crawl. I am able to move around a little in my seat belt so I checked out the scenery. MFM put my window down so I could interact with all the passing people. I don't bark, mind you, but I do like to look. I checked things out when MFM turned on the blinker or slowed down, but she never did stop at the dog park. I wonder where it went.

We were on a toll road for a long time and I got really lucky when a nice lady at the booth gave us two doggie "cookies." MFM gave me one and set the other aside. When she stopped to get gas, I quietly snarfed the second one up!

We stopped for the night at a La Quinta Motel. We can always count on them to be very pet friendly. MFM put my special blanket down for me, right beside her bed and I slept like a lamb all night. We are leaving shortly and should reach our destination late this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment