Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Have a Home

We arrived at my forever home in Texas. Wow! What a difference. The temperature was about 40 and MFM (My Forever Mom) thought it was cold. Humph! Anytime your belly does not drag in the snow, it has to be considered "warm." It was about 3:30 AM when we arrived and I could see MFM was planning to let me stretch my legs for a minute since there was no one around. Then, completely out of the blue, in this place where people roll up the streets at 9 PM, a car came whizzing down the cul de sac. I think the driver was just as surprised as we were. It turned out to be the paper delivery. No wonder the paper is full of yesterday's news; it was printed the day before it was delivered.
Anyway...out came the leash and I had a more confined stroll. It is beautiful here. Besides the lack of snow and relative warmth, the sky is black and filled with bright stars. I think someone wrote a song about that...."The stars at night, are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas..." I think I might like it here.
We had a little sleep, but MFM was up early and on the phone for a while. Before I knew it, we were in the car again. She took me for a grooming because she thought I was scraggly and did not smell very nice. I have to admit, after I had a bath and got all that scraggly hair cut off, I felt a lot better - naked, but better.
Then we went to the vet. I tried to play with all the dogs that came in but they were not very friendly. Old sticks-in-the-mud is what they were. No curiosity or joy in living. Finally, I get to see the vet. MFM thought he was "fine" looking! Humph! He was just full of "Yes, ma'ams" and "No, ma'ams,"and he chewed blue gum. All I know is that he was very thorough and he gave me more shots. I ought to be in good shape by now, having been vaccinated against everything possible, dewormed, and having a microchip just in case I ever get lost. As if THAT would ever happen. I heard something about a return visit but they gave me a treat and I stopped listening.
SO....I am groomed and in relatively good health. I have a small corneal abrasion and "kennel cough", but otherwise in good shape. Not bad for a rescued dog. I have been busy all day and need my beauty rest.....photos later. Oh yes, after consulting with her Facebook friends, MFM gave me a new name. Just call me "Trip!"

1 comment: