Sunday, December 26, 2010

Trip Takes a Trip

It was a merry Christmas even though I did not receive any presents. Of course, I was rescued only about 2 weeks ago so I guess that could be called the best Christmas present of all. MFM packed me up and we traveled to Houston for a couple of days. I was really looking forward to the visit with this animal-loving part of the family. They currently have 2 cats and a 2 1/2 year old real, live boy child.
I got to ride shotgun and I think I will have to wear a seat belt as soon as MFM gets me one. It is way better than sleeping in the crate the whole way.  I didn't get car-sick one bit. She was going to stop at the dog park on the way out but it was raining and I could hear her grumbling something about mud and water. That's o.k., I got to run & play in a fenced yard after we arrived. There were squirrels and dove to chase and lots of leaves and tallow seeds to taste.
My one disappointment was not getting to play with the cats. Believe me, I tried! I only saw the beautiful black and white Duncan once, but Joey was around a lot. Every time I tried to play with Joey, he would growl and hiss. I even showed him my most submissive pose but he was not impressed. I finally got in a little tug-of-war with the boy and some snuggling with the master. Tia showed MFM some training tips and now I know I am in for it. MFM even got a gift certificate for dog training and I think it is meant for me.
We arrived back home this afternoon and MFM stopped at the dog park so I could stretch my legs. None of my good friends were there but I did get in some chase time along the fence that separates  me from the big dogs. I need a good night's sleep so we can hit the road again tomorrow. Now you know one reason I am named Trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment