Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Colorado Rocky Mountain High

WHEW! Just returned at 2:30 a.m. from our week-long trip to Colorado Springs. It was a long drive up and back but I have to admit I slept most of the way. I got up occasionally to check out the window. Wonder if I could find my way back if I got lost? I got to ride in the front seat so I could watch MFM when I was awake. I think she was glad for my company since she kept reaching over and scratching my head. We stopped several times so I could eat, drink, and take care of business - oh, those wonderful smells!

ABW met us at her local dog park on the base at Ft Carson. It was dry and dusty, shirt-sleeve weather. ABW was accompanied by Abs and their dog, Sammy. Sammy is a male cockapoo as well. He is twice my size, cream-colored with a touch of apricot, and very furry. I especially enjoyed being able to get out and stretch my legs, but ABW's idea of meeting in a neutral place prior to going to their house, worked perfectly. Sammy and I had an opportunity to get to know each other while running and playing.
By the time Sammy and I got to his house, we were fast friends.

 ABW's photo of us on Gunner's quilt
Sammy shared everything with me, but not always willingly. We played chase in his fenced yard and kept MFM busy trying to keep me out of Sammy's food and Sammy out of mine. ABW gave each of us a trachea to chew on, but we both wanted the same one and took turns chewing on it until it was gone. Then we fought over the other one. They kept saying we were just like little children. Hmmmm, wonder why they thought that.

Three of our visiting days involved snow, ice , and very cold weather. I wanted to go outside, but when MFM opened the door, I just couldn't make myself do it. MFM didn't take "no" for an answer. Eventually, I quite liked trotting around in the snow and ice and when I went back inside the house, MFM would wrap me in a towel and hug me until I stopped shivering.

I am learning a lot -
"Stay out of the kitchen!"
"Leave it!"
 "Fetch!"
"Good boy!"
And the inevitable - "Ehych!!"

I had fun but I am happy to be home. Unfortunately, I see a bath in my future......

No comments:

Post a Comment