Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Gentle Giant

It was cold and rainy but MFM took me for a walk up the hill and part way along the regular route. We both loved the cool, crisp air and the quiet of the neighborhood. Not too many people venture out on a day like this. We knew the dog park would be too muddy, so a nice brisk walk really hit the spot.

The only other walker we saw was a man walking his Akita named Shogun. WOW! That was the biggest dog I have ever seen! He weighed about 120 pounds and was 28" high at the shoulder. He may have been big, but he was a teddy bear at heart. We just wanted to play and, had we been off the leashes, we could have run together. Shogun laid down to get to eye level with me and we tried to play a little. I could move faster than he could because I was so much smaller. I taunted but quickly jumped aside when Shogun reacted. I don't think he would have intentionally hurt me, but one innocent swipe of his big paw could have sent me into orbit.

Shogun doesn't frequent the dog park but I hope I meet that gentle giant on the trail again and next time, I hope MFM has her camera with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment