Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fun, Games, and Ridicule

Yesterday was a beautiful day after a weekend of rain and cold. MFM felt moved to work in the garden (yard) and I got to go along. I think she felt a little uneasy about my staying with her so she took me out on my leash. She couldn't hold on to everything so she finally connected my leash to the stairs near her. I managed to look very bored and very pathetic so, after ascertaining there were no deer, squirrels, or other interesting playmates around, she reluctantly let me loose to play in the yard. I was very good. I trampled in the dirt where she was pulling weeds until I found a stick she could throw so I could play fetch. We had a wonderful afternoon.

Just before we went inside, MFM found an old whiffle ball the children had left out. That is THE best toy! I can't easily get hold of it so it is a challenge. I chase it and she laughs and laughs. She says I look like a cat chasing a ball. Humph! The grossest of insults.

We got to go to the dog park today and ALL my friends were there. We chased balls and toys, had a circle of dogs with each chasing the other's tail, and raced everywhere. One lady bought a black fancy dress for her friend's dog, Millie, and they put it on her. Poor thing, she tried and tried to get it off while everyone laughed at her. Finally, Millie's  mom took it off her. I got close enough to snatch it away and I ran and ran. I let Millie hang on to the other side of it and we made short work of that fabric.

Friends don't let friends face ridicule alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment