Monday, April 4, 2011

I Am a Canine Good Citizen!

I sailed through the CGC (Canine Good Citizen) test with flying colors! It is now official - I can come when called, sit, down, stay, and heel. Not that I always do it, mind you, but I can when I am in the mood. My only problem with the test is that there were so many wonderful smells in the grass where we took the test and there were lots of other dogs, but I wasn't allowed to play with them.

MFM took me home and I got to enjoy a cup of "Frosty Paws", the doggie ice cream they gave me, but I saved the packet of carrots for later. I love them too (Thanks for the tip, Tia!).

I was exhausted afterward and slept until time for my romp at the dog park. What can I say? It's a dog's life!

MFM found this recipe online:
 Frosty Paws Dog Ice Cream Recipe
32 oz. plain yogurt
1 mashed banana
2 T p'nut butter
2 T honey

It’s true dairy products aren’t good for dogs, but yogurt contains much less lactase than regular milk and the live cultures are great for your dog’s digestive system. This dog ice cream recipe is delicious and good for your pet!
1. Mix all these ingredients in your blender, then dump into ice cube trays, paper cups, or even a kong toy to freeze and serve.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe looks really good.
    Will give it a try when it gets a bit hotter.

    ReplyDelete